- BEIS Services & Investment Questions Guide for the implementation of the UK-EU TCA.
- The CPA is a member of Construction Products Europe (CPE), the Brussels-based trade organisation representing our colleagues in the EU. CPE has produced a helpful ‘Brexit FAQ’ for placing construction products on the GB market and the EU market when manufactured on the respective other side. The CPA was a contributor to this FAQ.
- The CPA has produced a Brexit Update document: 'Outstanding area of concern not resolved by the UK-EU Trade and Cooperation Agreement'. This information is being shared with the Construction Leadership Council.
- An initial reaction to the news of the EU-UK Trade Deal by CPA Economics Director, Noble Francis, can be found in Construction News.
- The CPA's Economics Team has produced this list of tariff rates (and changes from pre-Brexit) for importing construction products, which members may find useful. Download the list of tariff rates.
- The CPA's Technical Team has produced a document outlining UK Conformity Assessment Changes Construction Product Manufacturers have to undertake from 1st January 2021. Download the document.
- This one page explainer outlines actions for businesses to take now that the Transition period has ended. Download the document.
Useful Guidance from BEIS
The Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy has provided the CPA with a list of useful guidance and resources as part of our participation as a Trade Association Member in its Brexit Business Readiness Forum.
- The Brexit checker tool (gov.uk/transition) is the best place for businesses to start and provides users with a list of personalised actions they need to take.
- Local Communications Toolkit- Updated practical tool for businesses to identify local resources that might help them navigate new rules.
- Guidance for UK nationals living in the EU (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-europe)
- You can find information regarding EHC's here.
- Use the Check How to Export Goods online tool to find up-to-date information about exporting goods from the UK.
- Use theTrade with the UK online tool to find up-to-date information about exporting goods into the UK.
- Check if the UK has negotiated a trade agreement with the country you trade with and what this means for you, visit GOV.UK.
- NI Protocol guidance and links are centralised here and the deal docs plus Command Paper framing them are here.
- To export dual-use controlled items you must have a licence issued by the UK, except if you are exporting from Northern Ireland to the EU or Channel Islands. Find out if your items need a licence.
- New tariffs apply to goods imported into the UK from some non-EU countries. Check the tariffs that apply to goods you import
- Webinars: A collection of webinars for businesses that trade with the EU can be found here.
- Instant access to on-demand video explainers (includes Rules of Origin)
- How to claim preferential (zero) tariffs when trading with the EU
- Full guidance on Rules of Origin when trading with the EU
- Trade Tariff tool to classify your goods
- Online tool to check which Rules of Origin apply to your exports
- Online tool to check which Rules of Origin apply to your imports
- For help on importing & exporting, contact HMRC
- Information on staged customs controls when importing into the UK
- Get help and support for your business via the Business Support Line
Resources for traders on border readiness: