The CPA has been monitoring the impact of COVID-19 for its members and the wider construction industry since the pandemic started. We have worked closely with other construction trade bodies, most notably the Construction Leadership Council (CLC), and our membership to formulate appropriate responses aimed at protecting the industry.
Both construction and manufacturing were allowed to continue throughout the pandemic, and the construction industry has bounced back well from the economic impact of lockdown measures. Below are some useful information and resources for construction product manufacturers relating to the impact of COVID-19:
- The CLC published a list of quick links to stories and documents relating to COVID-19 published on its website since 18 March 2020. Find out more.
- The CLC published a Roadmap to Recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic for the whole industry, with three phases to the plan, to be delivered over two years.
- To implement the Government’s social distancing recommendation the CLC published its Site Operating Procedures (SOP), incorporating the latest government guidance. BSI has also published Guidance on working safely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Construction Talent Retention Scheme: the scheme, which is run by the CLC, supports the redeployment of workers at risk of redundancy from Covid-19. The portal has now launched with a growing pool of candidates and we encourage CPA members to engage. Find out more.
- Guidance for businesses and organisations on how to recognise, contain and report incidents of coronavirus has been published by the government.
The CPA has been asked by a number of government departments, members, industry colleagues and media about the impact of the Coronavirus on our industry. The CPA’s economics team is assessing the key issues for the UK economy and construction and a ‘live’ briefing paper is available for CPA members. This was previously called the COVID-19 Market Impact Report, but has been updated to a Weekly UK Economic and Construction Update.
- A website has been launched dedicated to showcasing the role construction has played in responding to the pandemic www.constructioncovid19response.co.uk