The CPA is monitoring the impact of COVID-19 for its members and the wider construction industry closely. We are working closely with other construction trade bodies and our membership to formulate appropriate responses and developing policy positions aimed at protecting the industry. This page provides the most up to date information, advice and resources relevant to our members.
The latest developments include:
- The new national guidance for the lockdown in England (4th January 2021) states that construction, product manufacturing & builders merchants may remain open. Also tradespeople working in people's homes are permitted to do so. The Business Secretary has written to the construction industry to clarify this. Find out more.
- Ministerial letter on Covid19 testing for hauliers and associated Annex.
- The CPA continues to play an active part representing its members on the Construction Leadership Council (CLC). The CLC has been leading the industry's response to the Covid crisis and has many useful resources for construction businesses. Find out more.
- Construction Talent Retention Scheme: the scheme, which is run by the Construction Leadership Council (CLC) supports the redeployment of workers at risk of redundancy from Covid-19. The portal has now launched with a growing pool of candidates and we encourage CPA members to engage. Find out more.
- Guidance for businesses and organisations on how to recognise, contain and report incidents of coronavirus has been published.
We will continue to provide the latest and most pertinent updates and guidance on COVID-19 via this website and our weekly notes. Explore the tabs to find relevant resources, including the latest economic analysis on the impact of COVID-19, Government support and guidance and industry responses to the crisis.